You can follow 2 different guides depending on how much information you require. For a simple guide click here, while for a more detailed guide click here.
2. Why are my projects not on POP!?
Either because they have not yet applied or have been rejected.
3. How do projects land on POP!?
Team representatives can approach a POP! admin, and request an application form. Should they pass a review and vote by the POP! Team (and later DAO), they will be added into POP!.
4. How much does it cost to get listed on POP!?
POP! charges the teams a small 1% fee, taken from the liquidity they provide, in order to create the MLP.
5. What is a MLP?
Mutual Liquidity Pool, is essentially a Liquidity Pool that is created through 2 teams separately adding and locking their respective tokens together. This is done through the POP! MLP smart contract.
6. What happens when a MLP ends?
The MLP will be removed from the POP! marketplace, and the team’s LP tokens will be available for claim. The partnering teams can always reapply for a new MLP, should they choose to.
7. What is a farming partnership?
It is when 2 unique users match their liquidity together on the MLP marketplace, thereby becoming farmers that are bound together in the form of a joint-liquidity partnership. Essentially this means Farmer A and Farmer B have joined their single-sided liquidity together, and the POP! smart contract has added their liquidity to that specific MLP.
8. What happens if I’m in a farming partnership, but I would like to exit early because I want to sell my tokens?
Unfortunately, nothing can be done until the lock-up period provided by the Maker is complete. Therefore, it is a risk both parties should be fully aware of and accept prior to locking their liquidity together.
9. How can I check the status of my active farming partnerships or current offers on the marketplace?
This information can all be found on the user dashboard.
10. What is the difference between the POP! Marketplace and the MLP Marketplace, and how do they work?
The POP! marketplace is where all the MLPs are displayed; while the MLP Marketplace works similar to an exchange, such that it allows users to Make and Take offers for a specific MLP.
For example, assuming a user with Token A would like to provide liquidity to a MLP between A & B. Initially they would choose the specific MLP (A x B) on the POP! marketplace, which would direct them to that MLP Marketplace, where they can Make or Take an offer.
11. Why can I not lock up my tokens in an MLP for a duration longer than the MLP is active for?
This is a safety mechanism we enforce to ensure that our users are always protected from a rug pull incident.
12. What is the minimum lockup period that partnering projects must accept for a MLP?
3 months. However, based on POP!'s allocation point system, teams are encouraged to lock up for 6 months to increase the amount of POP! rewards allocated to their MLP.
13. What is POP!'s allocation point system, and how does it work?
An in depth explanation of it can be found here: "How does POP! work?" under section 1.
Essentially, each MLP is provided a specific allocation point (measured objectively) which defines the % of POP! tokens received each block.
14. How many POP! tokens are farmed through MLPs each day?
Approximately 73744 POP! tokens per day. This is calculated by dividing the supply allocated to farming (161.5M) by 6 (years) x 365 (days).
161.5M POP! / (6x365) days = 73744 POP! per day (subject to change by the DAO)
15. Was there any sort of sale/raise for POP!?
No, there was no raise of any sort. All tokens, except those for the Dev wallet (20%), are available for farming and being rewarded to those active in the future DAO.
16. How do I get POP! tokens?
POP! can be purchased directly on Uniswap or farmed by either providing liquidity to MLPs, or the genesis pools (only available for 10 days prior to launch).
17. What is a genesis pool and what digital assets can be staked to farm POP!?
A genesis pool is a staking pool to mark the inception of POP!, that will be available for 10 days prior to launch where users will have a one-time opportunity to farm POP!, simply by staking either WETH or USDC into the genesis pool.
18. How do I earn bonus tokens?
If the project of the token you are farming with has provided bonus tokens, then you will receive them together with the POP! rewards. In other words, a user farming with token A can only receive the bonus tokens from project A, while the same is true for token B -> farmer B.
19. Can I claim my farming rewards at any point during my farming partnership?
Yes, you are able to claim all farming rewards at any point during the farming partnership. However, keep in mind that you will be claiming them for both you and your partner, given you are bound together in the partnership, thereby acting as a single entity providing liquidity to the MLP.
20. Why are the gas fees so high when I claim my rewards at the end of a farming partnership?
The first user to call the claim function is paying the gas fee for all rewards received for both users. This can mean various transactions, which combined can lead to rather high gas fees.
21. I did not press the claim button, yet I still received my tokens - why?
This is because your farming partner has claimed their rewards, which consequently claims yours too.
22. I received less tokens than I originally put in, why is that?
That is due to Impermanent Loss (IL), which occurs in Automated Market Maker pools, such as those on Uniswap.
Although you received less than originally deposited, through POP!’s rebalancing mechanism you avoided receiving even less. By clicking the information tab (denoted as an i ) when claiming your liquidity tokens back, you can see how POP! managed to do this in your particular case.
23. How does POP! tackle IL?
POP! manages to tackle it through a simple rebalancing mechanism, where the surplus of tokens generated by IL are used to buy back the tokens that were reduced by IL. See the "How does POP! work?" page, under section 3, for more details.
24. Bancor has developed a Single-sided IL Insured Liquidity Provision concept. How does this differ with what POP! is doing?
Bancor offers protection to IL by using a % of fees generated on their DEX to cover for the IL. However, the user is required to stake their asset for a minimum of 30 days, and to ensure complete coverage for IL, staking of 100 days would be required. POP! on the other hand rebalances the ratio of tokens after IL, through selling the surplus tokens to buy the diminished tokens.
25. Am I charged a fee for using POP!? If so, how much and what is done with those funds?
Yes, all POP! users are charged a minor 2% fee when successfully matching their liquidity together. 20% of the combined fee is sent to the Dev wallet, while the remaining 80% is used to purchase equal amounts (in $) of ETH and POP!, and subsequently added as liquidity to the ETH/POP! LP.